মঙ্গলবার, ৫ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০১৩

Adoption Creates Families: Foster Care Adoption

I spent my last week on Facebook each day showcasing children who are available for adoption here in Texas through the foster care system. I posted their picture, taken from the state website, along with a link to their profile.?

One day, I chose this 17 year old boy.?

He is just one year away from aging out.

I mentioned that black adolescent boys are the most difficult to find adoptive homes for and tend to just grow up in foster care until they age out of the system. Statistics are grim for this demographic. It is what those in social services call "going from one institution to the other"...meaning they go from foster care to prison to a homeless shelter or mental institution. National statistics read that 66% of all foster care youth who age out at 18 will be in prison, homeless, or die within one year of leaving foster care. You can read about that in this article.

Another day I showcased this sibling group.?

Can you say ADORABLE?!
Boy/girl twins!

?Did you know that 75% of African American children are born without a father figure in their life? This is in comparison to only 4% of white kids who are born without a dad. The prognosis of children who grow up without a father is also grim. Statistics are high that boys who grow up without a dad spend the bulk of their adult life in and out of prison. For girls? They often end up having children out of wedlock and having to go on welfare.?

The website Without A Father. com states many of these statistics. This website mentions that fatherless children are twice as likely to drop out of school.

The very last child I chose to showcase on Facebook?

was this 15 year old beauty:

I asked the question,

"How different would you have felt on the day of your prom, your graduation, and your wedding had you not had your Mom there?"

With all of the children I showcased, my heart was moved. But this girl brought me to tears...maybe cause she looks like I imagine my? daughter looking like one day...

My heart dropped when I read her profile,

the statement that usually says what a child likes to do for fun, what they are into, etc.?

This teenage girl's profile simply stated:

"I dream of being adopted."

I read that and I sobbed.

I cried for all the kids whose dreams are that simple...and yet so unattainable. I cried for the kids who will move into a dorm room, if they are lucky to go to college at all, alone.?

I cried for the kids who wonder as each birthday passes if they will ever be chosen.?

I cried for the ones who just want their mom and dad back, no matter how mean or neglectful they were.?

Because when you are a child,?

sometimes any mom and dad is better than none.

I cried for my own kids and thanked my God for saving them.

He did it. Not me.

So...if you are reading this, my friend, and you are in love and at the top of your game and wanting to start your family... please read these words.

You don't have to give birth to your children for them to be yours.

You don't have to adopt little bitty babies for them to be yours.

You don't have to go overseas to adopt an orphan for a child to be yours.

There are kids right here.

They are waiting.

Please remember this,

You never outgrow the need for a mom and a dad.

Source: http://www.adoptioncreatesfamilies.com/2013/02/foster-care-adoption.html

rick ross wheres my refund jennifer lawrence tiger woods lakers Real Madrid iOS 6.1

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন